Rotini with Sausages and Mushrooms
Servings: 8 people
Looking for a new go-to pasta dish? Look no further. This one-pot wonder features mushrooms, leeks and a generous helping of chicken sausage in every bite.Print Recipe
- 1 box whole grain rotini uncooked 13.25 oz
- 1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup leeks thinly sliced
- 1 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb chicken sausage sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/8 tsp to ½ tsp of dried tarragon or Leaves from 6 large tarragon sprigs chopped
- 1 cup Romano cheese grated
- Prepare rotini according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat oil at medium heat. Cook sausage for 2 to 3 minutes or until well browned. Add leeks, onions, mushrooms and cook until tender; add chicken stock and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until hot. Fold in vegetable/sausage mixture into warm pasta. Add parsley, tarragon and Romano cheese; toss again. Top with Parmesan Romano cheese, if desired.
Try this tasty recipe for Rotini with Sausage and Mushrooms, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.