Pesto Grilled Cheese
Servings: 1 sandwich
This is not your kids’ grilled cheese: Garlicky pesto, swiss and tomato take the schoolyard staple to a whole new level. One that’s right for grown-up tastesPrint Recipe
- 2 slices Aunt Millie’s Organic Indian Grain Bread
- 1 1/2 ounce reduced-fat swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 4 slices Roma tomato
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray one side of one slice of bread with nonstick butter-flavored cooking spray and place in heated skillet.
- Place cheese on top of bread in skillet and top with tomato slices. Spread pesto on second slice of bread.
- Place this slice, pesto side down on top of sandwich in skillet.
- Spray second slice of bread with nonstick butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Cook sandwich until slightly brown (about 3-4 minutes).
- Turn sandwich over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until brown and cheese is melted.
Try this tasty recipe for Pesto Grilled Cheese, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.