Yields: 8 servings
Sylvia Melendez-Klinger, MS, RD
Grain Foods Foundation
Here’s a snack that kicks every craving: Crunchy, hearty bagel chips infused with complex, garlicky pesto flavor. Every basil-filled crunch will lift your spirits.
- 4 large bagels (pumpernickel plain, sesame, everything, or your favorite), 4 oz.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Additional Parmesan or Romano cheese optional
Try this tasty recipe for Pesto Bagel Chips, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F.
- Cut bagels into thin slices. Place in large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over bagels; toss gently. Add pesto, garlic, oregano, basil, and Parmesan cheese. Toss gently to coat evenly.
- Spread evenly onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp and golden, turn gently halfway through baking time*. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese or
- Romano cheese, if desired, after baking. * Bagel chips may burn if not turned halfway through baking