Yields: 1 sandwich
We’ve lightened up our favorite oven-baked chicken salad sandwich with low-cal mayonnaise and yogurt, but didn’t cut any of the flavor: it’s full of grapes and walnuts!
- 2 slices Aunt Millie’s Whole Grain Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 ounces baked chicken breast shredded
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons sliced grapes
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
Try this tasty recipe for Oven Baked Chicken Salad, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
- Combine chicken breast, celery, grapes, light mayonnaise, nonfat yogurt, and walnuts in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place 4 lettuce leaves on one slice of Cinnamon Bread.
- Top with chicken salad and second slice of bread.