Cranberry Orange Mini Quick Bread
Servings: 4 mini loafs
Searching for a homemade treat that delivers on flavor without the fat? This citrusy quick bread is made with applesauce and skim milk for a low-fat snack in a snap.Print Recipe
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest from about 1/2 an orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 4 mini loaf pans, or one standard loaf pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and spices together in a large mixing bowl. Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and stir in the orange extract, applesauce and milk.
- Fold in the cranberries and orange zest.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared mini loaf pans, or pour it into the regular loaf pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees F for mini loaves, 45-50 minutes for a regular loaf, or until a knife inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before sliding a knife around the rim and flipping the bread out of the pan and onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Try this tasty holiday recipe for Cranberry Orange Mini Quick Bread.