Cranberry Garlic Walnut Stuffing
Servings: 6 servings
Stuffing is a holiday staple, but rarely does it steal the show. That all changes this year: This savory version bursts with big flavors from walnuts, garlic and more.Print Recipe
- 4 1/2 cups garlic croutons (set the extra 1/2 cup aside)
- 2 1/2 cups water (or vegetable/chicken stock)
- 1/2 yellow onion (minced)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp butter
- t tbsp olive oil separated
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Optional: more garlic croutons for garnishing
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, then add the onion and garlic. Saute over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Once the water begins to boil, add the sauteed garlic and onion mixture, butter, and two more tablespoons of olive oil. (Note: I substituted olive oil for some of the butter. Feel free to experiment with more butter instead.)
- Add the croutons and continue to stir until all of the liquid is absorbed. (About 6-10 minutes.)
- Toss in the dried cranberries and chopped walnuts and stir for another 1-2 minutes or until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add the extra 1/2 cup of croutons and stir again until everything is blended.
- Garnish with more croutons if desired (this gives it a little bit of a crunchier texture) and serve.
Optional: more garlic croutons for garnishing