Grilled Gruyere and Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
Roasted summer vegetables and Gruyere or Swiss team up for a grown-up grilled cheese with a whole lot of flavor.
- 1 inch small Red bell pepper cored and sliced into 1/4strips
- 1 inch small Zucchini sliced lengthwise into 1/4strips
- ½ small Onion peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp Low-fat Italian-style salad dressing
- 2 oz Gruyere or Swiss cheese thinly sliced
- 4 slices Roman Meal bread
- Nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Foil-line one baking sheet.
- Place bell pepper, zucchini, onion and salad dressing in medium bowl; toss lightly. Spread vegetables on baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven.
- Layer cheese and roasted vegetables between slices of bread, creating 2 sandwiches.
- Spray medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - a Grilled Gruyere and Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!