If you have experienced the grumble of mid-afternoon hunger, here are some healthy options that will satisfy your cravings and
get you the energy you need, when you need it
- Two brown rice cakes with two tbsp. of crunchy peanut butter
- Four homemade pita crisps with 4.5 oz. bean dip
- Four rye crisps with four tbsp. of hummus
- One cup homemade snack mix
- One lemon blueberry yogurt muffin
- One raisin scone
- Two oz. tortilla chips with two oz. of salsa
- Two oz. pesto bagel chips
- One cup of dry whole wheat cereal
- Sixteen wheat crackers with one oz. cheddar
Each of these snacks offer protein, fiber and a healthy amount of calories.
In case you don’t know, your diet should consist of 25-30 grams of fiber. It helps you feel full and tide you over until your next meal.
Protein is easy to add to your on-the-go snacks with foods such as cheese, beans and peanut butter. USDA MyPlate recommends most people consume between 5-6 oz. of protein per day.
Download the Infographic