Garden Veggie Sliders
- 12 pk King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Medley of Seasonal Summer Vegetables – Tri-Color Peppers, Zucchini, Asparagus, Portobello Mushrooms
- Medley of Fixings – Yellow Beets, Heirloom Tomatoes, Sprouts, Butter Lettuce, Watermelon Radish
- Mixture of Aromatics – Thai Basil and Mint
- Lemon Dill Goat Cheese – see recipe below
- CHIMICHURRI – see recipe below
- 10 cloves Garlic peeled
- 1/2 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Granulated garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Whole grain mustard
- 1 bunch Basil
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 2 bunches Cilantro
- 1.5-2 cups EVOO
- 10 oz Goat cheese log
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped dill
- Get the grill going and gather your medley of summer veggies. Prep the veggies by making ½ in slices – thick enough to get a good char and withhold bite. Toss in extra virgin olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper before grilling. A slight char on each side is all that’s needed with summer fresh veggies. Remove from the grill and place aside to assembly.
- Rinse, prepare and slice your fixings.
- Split your King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls open and start creating. Layer a mixture of grilled veggies with crisp fresh fixings – a layer thai basil and mint add an unexpected burst of flavor. Don’t be afraid to add a good helping of goat cheese to both the top and bottom halves of the roll; this will help stabilize the veggie stack when in place.
- Before closing up your slider, this is the time to add your chimichurri; Pour an extra side of this to accompany the sliders – you’ll be grateful you did when you make your first dunk into it.
- The island flavors of Shaka Tea pair perfectly with any medley you choose so have fun and try a different pairing with each new slider creation. Happy Summering! NICOLE SCHARER SIGNATURE CHIMICHURRI – This will last up to 2 weeks easily in the fridge
- In a food processor add garlic and pulse to combine. Add red wine vinegar. Pulse a few times. Next add the granulated garlic and salt. Next whole grain mustard.
- Add the herb bunches but tear away the stem portions by twisting. Pulse each type of herb one by one adding extra virgin olive oil to keep the mix moving. Add lemon juice and the remaining EVOO till combined. LEMON DILL GOAT CHEESE – This will last up to 2 weeks easily in the fridge
- In a mixing bowl add goat cheese, zest and dill. Toss & crumble to combine. Set aside. For the sliders it’s nice to get to a room temp consistency to spread on the rolls.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!