Fresh Basil, Blackberry, and Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Love grilled chicken on a fresh salad? You’ll love this basil and blackberry variation that is eye-catching and delicious, between two slices of Martin’s Old-Fashioned Real Butter Bread.
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt divided
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper divided
- 1 tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 cups Baby Arugula
- 1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves torn
- 1/4 cup Red Onion thinly sliced
- 6 oz Fresh Blackberries
- 2 oz Goat Cheese crumbled
- 4 Martin’s Sandwich Potato Rolls OR 8 Slices Martin’s Old-Fashioned Real Butter Bread toasted
- Preheat grill or skillet to medium-high heat.
- Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, until internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into slices.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add arugula, basil, and onion; toss to coat.
- In a small bowl or shallow dish, mash together blackberries with a splash of white balsamic vinegar, using a fork.
- Spread blackberry mixture onto one side of each Sandwich Potato Roll OR half of the toasted Butter Bread slices.
- Layer sandwiches with salad mixture, sliced grilled chicken, and crumbled goat cheese. Top with roll OR second slice of bread. Serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!