Delightful Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Delicious Sara Lee White Made with Whole Grain Bread makes this stunning sandwich, diet-friendly.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread
- 1/2 cup Arugula
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 4 slices Turkey bacon
- 2 Eggs cooked to desired doneness
- 1/4 cup Microgreens
- 4 tbsp Light cream cheese
- 4 tbsp Romesco Sauce (recipe follows)
Romesco Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Almond slices toasted
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Parsley
- 1/2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
Make the Romesco Sauce
- In a food processor, add almonds, crushed red pepper, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, red wine vinegar and cayenne pepper.
- Pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gradually add olive oil until desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Make the Sandwich
- Lightly toast each slice of bread.
- Spread Romesco sauce on 2 slices of toast.
- On each slice, layer on arugula, avocado, turkey bacon, one egg and microgreens.
- Spread cream cheese on remaining 2 toast slices and place atop sandwiches, cream cheese sides facing down.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!