Cranberry Walnut Stuffing
The one side dish you just can’t live without is now even more wholesome. Whole wheat bread, kale and crunchy walnuts combine to make the perfect bite.
- 2 cups cranberry walnut bread diced into 1/2" cubes
- 2 cups wheat bread diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 stalks kale chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts lightly chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh sage finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 cups stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up bread and allow to dry out on the counter for at least 24 hours or bake in the oven at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until hardened.
- Prepare vegetables. In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil. Add in onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook on medium heat for about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Into an 8"x10" pan (or something similar), add bread, cooked vegetables, kale, cranberries, walnuts, fresh herbs, salt, and pepper. Stir together until evenly combined.
- Pour stock over stuffing and stir again to evenly coat. Drizzle the top with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden (or use as stuffing for the turkey). Serve warm.
Try the sweet and crunchy Cranberry Walnut Stuffing recipe this year and you will never use stuffing from a box again. On Grains Food Foundation from Melissa, Faux Martha. A food contributor across the web, Melissa also shares her own easy, minimal-fuss recipes (and bright, colorful photos) on her blog, The fauxMARTHA.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!