Cobb Salad Sandwich
First created in California, Cobb salad traditionally includes an array of tasty ingredients, like avocado, egg, chicken, tomato, and bacon. In our version, all these toppings are found in between Martin’s Old-Fashioned Real Butter Bread.
- 1 Chicken Breast cut into strips
- 3 leaves Romaine Lettuce
- 1 medium Tomato sliced
- 3 strips Bacon fried
- 1 Avocado thin-sliced
- 1 Hard-Boiled Egg sliced
- 1/8 cup Crumbled Roquefort Cheese (or substitute bleu cheese)
- 1/2 tbsp Chopped Chives
- 1/2 cup Watercress
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
Brown Derby Old-Fashioned Dressing
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- Whisk ingredients for Brown Derby Old-Fashioned Dressing. Set aside ¼ cup of prepared Brown Derby Dressing. Place chicken breast strips in remainder of Brown Derby Dressing. Cover and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Grill marinated chicken breast strips until thoroughly cooked.
- Layer romaine lettuce, tomato, bacon, grilled chicken strips, avocado, hardboiled egg, Roquefort cheese, chives, and watercress on a slice of toasted Martin’s Old Fashioned Real Butter Bread.
- Combine mayonnaise with ¼ cup of Brown Derby dressing that was set aside and mix thoroughly. Carefully drizzle mayonnaise mixture over top of sandwich.
- Top with another slice of toasted bread, slice, and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!