Caprese Chicken Sandwich
- 1 KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Hamburger Bun
- 1/2 Chicken breast
- 1 slice Fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 1 sliced Tomato
- 3 large Fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic reduction for drizzle
- Garlic salt and pepper to season
- Mix equal parts mayonnaise and pesto in a small bowl
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and salt to taste
Pesto Aioli (optional)
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Lemon wedge
- Salt to taste
- Preheat a grill pan or grill. Season the chicken with olive oil, garlic salt and pepper. Cook about 5-6 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Grill the buns face down until golden brown. Remove.
- Add pesto aioli to the bottom bun.
- Add chicken breast.
- Lay tomato, then mozzarella on the chicken.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction and top with basil leaves.
- Add top bun & enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!