Although it is often mistakenly suppressed from eating the moment a diet to lose weight is initiated, bread is one of the foods that make up the Mediterranean Diet, possibly the most balanced diet in the world, and it is recommended consumption of an integral ration for food.
If you are a person who does not know the beneficial properties of bread, then we discover them with the aim of increasing the well-being in your daily life:
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases:According to the work carried out by the Universitat de Barcelona, which is part of the Consolider-Ingenio de Alimentos Functionalis Program, whole-wheat bread has the capacity to reduce levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body. Involves improving the cardiovascular health of people who take it into a balanced diet.
- Allows good digestion: bread is in the group of cereals and stands out for its high fiber content that helps to improve intestinal transit and to have a good digestion, especially in the summer when it tends to lead a sedentary life and Less active, thus avoiding constipation.
- It is recommended in diets to lose weight: although it is hard to believe in the beginning, the bread not only does not fatten but also its inclusion in slimming diets is recommended, according to the study carried out by the University Hospital La Paz called “Comparison of the utility of two balanced hypocaloric diets with inclusion versus bread exclusion in the treatment of overweight and obese patients”.
- Fights diabetes: the first of the studies mentioned also points out that whole-grain bread prevents the onset of type 2 diabetes because it decreases the concentration and demand of insulin. Whole-grain bread also has a fairly low glycemic index, which is beneficial for the health of people with this disease by not raising blood glucose.
- Energy for our daily life:the high carbohydrate content of bread is of great help to the organism by providing the energy to face our day to day.In addition, this food is consumed by athletes because it is the fuel necessary to face a training session with total guarantee and delay the onset of fatigue.
So you know, bread contains many nutritional benefits, which are available everywhere and at all times for a very low cost..