Yields: 2 servings
The bright flavors and colors of fresh veggies meet savory cream cheese in these low-calorie finger sandwiches, perfect for on-the-go snacking.
- 4 ounces light cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh snipped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices OROWEAT Whole Grain & Flax Bread
- 1 cup mixed fresh vegetables (cucumber radishes, colorful bell peppers), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
Try this tasty recipe for Healthy On-the-Go Finger Sandwiches, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.
- In a medium bowl using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, chives, dill, and salt. Spread mixture on 4 slices of OROWEAT Whole Grain & Flax Bread. Arrange colorful sliced vegetables on cream cheese and top with broccoli sprouts. Place another slice of OROWEAT Whole Grain & Flax Bread on top and cut into finger sandwiches (you can trim crusts, if desired).
- Note: Use cookie cutters to cut sandwiches into decorative shapes.