Skillet Sausage and Stuffing
Servings: 8 servings
Just one skillet and 5 ingredients come together to make a family friendly dish where stuffing gets extra flavor from a mixture of hot and sweet sausages, onions and peppers. Plus, it's on the table in just 45 minutes.
- 1 lb sweet Italian pork sausage cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb hot Italian pork sausage cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 medium onion cut into wedges
- 1 small red or green bell pepper cut into 2-inch strips (about 1 cup)
- 4 cups Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
Cook the sausage in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
Stir the water, onion and pepper in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through. Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the stuffing and mix lightly. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
*For moister stuffing, increase the water to 1 1/2 cups.
Make the Skillet Sausage and Stuffing recipe on Grains Food Foundation from Pepperidge Farm for your holiday celebrations.