Wild Rice Stuffing with Turkey Italian Sausage, Cranberries & Hazelnuts
Servings: 6 people
All of your favorite holiday flavors with a whole grain twist. Wild rice and nutty flavors make this a hearty, simple dinner.Print Recipe
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 links turkey Italian sausage
- 3 oz dry wild rice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 2 whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook rice according to package, it should take about 60 minutes to cook.
- Toast slices of bread, and then pulse in a food processor until they resemble coarse bread crumbs.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, melt butter over a medium heat. Add chopped onion, celery, garlic and salt. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, turn the heat up to medium-high and brown turkey sausage, crumbling as it browns. If needed, add a tablespoon or so of olive oil to help the process along.
- Add veggies back into turkey along with cooked rice, cranberries, toasted hazelnuts and breadcrumbs. Cook for another, 2-3 minutes. Serve warm.
Wild rice stuffing recipe with turkey Italian sausage, cranberries and hazelnuts is perfect for Thanksgiving or other holiday meals.