Whole Wheat Apple Spiced Pancakes
Servings: 4 people
This is one super pancake. Featuring warm autumn flavors and a heartiness that keeps you full til lunch, you’ll love the cinnamon, allspice and reduced sugar.Print Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour cup
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients (first 7 ingredients) in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spray griddle or skillet with non-stick cooking spray. With ½ cup ladle or measuring cup, scoop pancake batter onto greased griddle or skillet. Flip when bubbles appear. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with ½ cup fresh fruit like strawberries or kiwi.
Try this tasty recipe for Whole Wheat Apple Spiced Pancakes, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.