Tomato & Bread Salad
Servings: 8 servings
Toasted breadcrumbs are tossed with ripe, sweet tomatoes, freshly shaved parmesan cheese and drizzled with a sweet, tangy balsamic to create this perfect, fresh side dish.Print Recipe
- 10 slices of Aunt Millie's White or Wheat Sandwich Bread
- 5 large tomatoes chopped into a 1
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 package dry Italian dressing mix
- balsamic vinegar
- Vegetable or Olive Oil
- 4 oz. shaved Parmesan cheese
- basil leaves sliced thinly (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Lay the bread slices on a baking sheet and bake until dry and toasty, approximately 10-15 minutes. When toasted, cut into 1" dice pieces.
- Prepare Italian dressing according to package directions, using Balsamic vinegar, water, and oil of your choice. Set aside.
- Chop tomatoes into larger chunks and place into a large serving bowl. Add sliced red onions. Toss tomatoes and onions with Italian dressing.
- When ready to serve, toss bread in bowl with tomatoes and onions.
- Top with parmesan and basil (if using).
- Serve immediately.
Try Tomato and Bread Salad on Grains Food Foundation by Kim Grathwohl. A perfect side dish with bread crumbs and tomato.