Toasty Pizza Muffin
Servings: 1 serving
Try an almost-instant mini pizza on an English muffin topped with heirloom tomatoes, fresh marinara and all the toppings your heart desires.Print Recipe
- 4 sliced Franz Grains and Seeds English Muffins
- 4 small heirloom tomatoes thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced into rounds
- 8-10 large fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 can tomato paste 4 oz
- 1 cups ½of water
- cup ⅓extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- tablespoon ½chopped fresh oregano leaves
- tablespoon ½chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler to 350 degrees.
- To make the pizza sauce, combine the tomato paste, water, olive oil, garlic, oregano, rosemary and ½ tablespoon of the chopped basil leaves in a bowl.
- Stir until well blended. Arrange the separated English Muffins on a baking sheet, sliced side up.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce onto each muffin and top with slices of tomato, mozzarella and remaining chopped basil.
- Pop into the oven until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes) and season with sea salt and ground pepper to your liking. Enjoy!
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - toasty pizza muffins.