Sweet Potato Bread Pudding
Servings: 4 servings
Get all the warm flavors of sweet potato pie without the fuss: ditch the crust with this simple autumnal bread pudding that packs all the flavor in half the time.Print Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup canned pureed sweet potato pumpkin would also work
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 slices 100% whole wheat or grain bread toasted and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk all ingredients except the bread together in a large bowl.
- Toast the 5 slices of bread. This will make it hold its shape when it bakes (when I dream up a new recipe, there’s no way my excitement will allow me to wait for bread to go stale!).
- Cut the toasted bread into cubes and add into a deep pan. Pour the sweet potato liquid mixture evenly on top of the bread.
- Pop the pan into the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Your kitchen will shortly smell amazing.
Try this tasty holiday recipe for Sweet Potato Bread Pudding.