Pumpkin Mousse Napoleons
Servings: 12 servings
Here's a delicious alternative to traditional pumpkin pie. And to make the napoleons look as good as they taste, check out the simple directions for making the striped design on top.Print Recipe
- 1/2 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets thawed, 1 sheet
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 strips along the fold marks. Cut each strip into 4 rectangles, making 12 in all. Place the pastry rectangles onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Split the pastries into 2 layers, making 24 in all.
- Stir the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar in a medium bowl. Fold in the whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide the pumpkin mixture among 12 bottom pastry layers. Top with the pecans and top pastry layers. Garnish with additional cinnamon and confectioners' sugar or whipped topping.
Tip: For a striped garnish, place 1/2-inch strips of wax paper diagonally across the tops of the pastries. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar or cinnamon. Remove the wax paper. Pumpkin Mousse Napoleons recipe is a light dessert from Grains Food Foundation and Pepperidge Farms perfect for a holiday gathering.