Pumpkin Apple Coffee Cake
Servings: 1 cake
Bursting with apples fresh from the orchard and a hint of fragrant cinnamon, this moist coffee cake will be a perfect pair to a cup of coffee with friends.Print Recipe
- Pumpkin Apple Coffee Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups Apples peeled and chopped
- Crumb Topping:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Prepare crumb topping using a pastry blender or two forks, and cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse meal. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine first six dry ingredients of coffee cake in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with a fork, add pumpkin, vanilla and oil.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just combined and then add the apple right at the end.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan (it is really thick). Top with the crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 mins.
- Dust the cake with a generous amount of powdered sugar. The crumb topping becomes a crunchy surprise on the bottom of each slice.
Try this tasty holiday recipe for pumpkin apple coffee cake.