Servings: 1 sandwich
Our pizza-inspired sandwich comes with all the toppings ⎯ and none of the delivery wait-time. With melted cheese and tomato sauce, this is one unbeatable sandwichPrint Recipe
- 2 slices Aunt Millie’s Hearth 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 ounces diced ham
- 3 tablespoons sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced onions
- 3 tablespoons sliced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced banana peppers
- 2 tablespoons part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil diced
- Heat nonstick skillet on medium heat; spray with olive oil-flavored nonstick cooking spray.
- Sautee onions, mushrooms, and green peppers over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes.
- Take vegetables out of skillet and set aside. Wipe out skillet to clean and set once again on medium heat.
- Combine tomato sauce and fresh basil in a small bowl and set aside. Spray one slice of bread with olive oil-flavored nonstick cooking spray and place that side down in skillet.
- Layer on bread shredded cheese, sautéed vegetables, diced ham, banana peppers, and tomato sauce mixture.
- Top with second slice of bread.
- Spray top of this slice of bread with olive oil-flavored nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook sandwich 3-4 minutes on first side or until lightly browned.
- Turn sandwich over and brown the second side approximately 2-3 minutes.
Try this tasty recipe for Pizza Mia, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.