Peach-Blueberry Crumb Top Pie
Servings: 10 slices
Berries and stone fruit abound as summer warms up. Celebrate the season’s bounty with an irresistible streusel-topped pie that’s easy enough to make from scratch.Print Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain® divided
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 5 tablespoons ice water
- Original PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 cups sliced peeled peaches fresh or frozen, thawed & drained
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon divided
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen, thawed & drained
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Unsalted Margarine-stick softened Reddi-wip® Original Whipped Light Cream, optional
- Combine 1 1/4 cups of the flour, granulated sugar and salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until pebble-size crumbs form. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon ice water over part of flour mixture and gently toss with fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with remaining water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons more water if all of flour mixture is not moistened. Press mixture into a 5-inch disc on sheet of plastic wrap; cover and chill 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Place 2 overlapping sheets of plastic wrap on a damp surface. Remove chilled dough; place on plastic wrap. Sprinkle a little flour over dough; roll dough into 12-inch circle using rolling pin. Place dough, wrap side up, in prepared pie plate; carefully remove plastic wrap. Ease dough into pie plate and press against side of plate. Trim edge, leaving 1/2-inch overhang. Fold the overhang under and pinch to make decorative edge.
- Combine peaches, confectioners’ sugar, 1/4 cup of the flour and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon in large bowl. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon mixture into pie crust; set aside. Stir together the remaining 3/4 cup flour, brown sugar, Fleischmann’s and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over peach mixture.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until peaches are tender and topping is golden brown. Cover edge of crust after 30 minutes if getting too brown. Cool pie at least 30 minutes; cut into 10 slices to serve. Serve warm with Reddi-wip, if desired.
- Note: To increase the dietary fiber of the pastry, replace the all-purpose flour with Eagle Mills® Ultragrain® White Whole Wheat Flour. Increase the water in the pastry crust from 5 tablespoons to 6 tablespoons. No further adjustments need to be made for the filling or crumb topping.
Try this tasty recipe for Peach-Blueberry Crumb Top Pie, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.