No-Fuss Fruit Pie
Servings: 9 servings
Nothing could be easier than this fruit pie made with puff pastry sheets. Add your favorite prepared pie filling—cherry, apple, blueberry—and you've got a delicious, homemade pie.Print Recipe
- 1 pkg Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets thawed, 17.3 ounces
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 can cherry pie filling or apple or blueberry pie filling 21 ounces
- 1 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a baking sheet. Spread the pie filling on the pastry to within 1 inch of the edge. Brush the edges with the egg mixture. Unfold the remaining pastry sheet and place over the filling. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Brush with the egg mixture. Cut several slits in the top of the pastry.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Cool the pastry on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar.
Recipe Note: For easier clean-up, line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Try the easy No-Fuss Fruit Pie recipe on Grains Food Foundation from Pepperidge Farm made with puff pastry and pie filling.