Morning Glory Cookies
Servings: 24 cookies
When you’re baking, your recipe is usually a road map with only one destination. This oatmeal cookie recipe is flexible so you can get creative, and still get it right.Print Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats uncooked
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup trans fat-free margarine
- 2 cup eggs or 1/2egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, oats and oat bran; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar and margarine until fluffy. Stir in eggs and vanilla; continue to mix well. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips or raisins.
- Place about 1 heaping tablespoon on greased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Try this tasty recipe for Morning Glory Cookies, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.