Moist & Savory Stuffing
Servings: 10 servings
Four ingredients and a dash of pepper mix together quickly to make this baked stuffing - it's delicious as is, but it's also a great foundation recipe that you can customize with your family's favorite add-ins.Print Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Broth
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 2 stalks celery coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 pkg Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing 14 ounces
- Heat the broth, black pepper, celery and onion in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring often. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the stuffing and mix lightly.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 3-quart shallow baking dish. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes or until the stuffing mixture is hot.
- You can also use a 3-quart casserole for this recipe.
- For crunchier stuffing, bake the stuffing uncovered.
- For Cranberry & Pecan Stuffing, stir 1/2 cup each dried cranberries and chopped pecans into the stuffing mixture before baking.
- For Sausage & Mushroom Stuffing, add 1 cup sliced mushrooms to the vegetables during cooking. Stir 1/2 pound pork sausage, cooked and crumbled, into the stuffing mixture before baking.
Serve with a store-bought rotisserie chicken or turkey breast and steamed whole green beans. Serve key lime pie for dessert. Try the Moist and Savory Stuffing recipe on Grains Food Foundation from Pepperidge Farm and step up from ordinary stuffing by adding a few simple ingredients.