Mixed Berry Cobbler
Puff pastry makes an elegant toping for this fresh berry cobbler that's easy to make and even better to eat.Print Recipe
- 1/2 pkg 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zestand/or fresh blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle the work surface with 2 tablespoons sugar. Unfold the pastry sheet onto the sugar. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10 x 9-inch rectangle. Cut into 8 (4 1/2x2 1/2-inch) rectangles.
- Stir the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth. Heat the berries, lemon zest and remaining sugar in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat to a boil. Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Spoon the berry mixture into a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Top the berry mixture with the pastry rectangles, sugar-side up, but not touching.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Let the cobbler cool in the baking dish on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve with the ice cream.
Mixed Berry Cobbler recipe on Grains Food Foundation from Pepperidge Farm makes an elegant dessert for holiday gatherings.