Yields: 8 servings
If you’ve never made bread before, the addition of feta and olives in this Grecian-inspired recipe might just be the combination to get you to try it from scratch.
- Original PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain® divided
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles 2 ounces
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann’s® Original Margarine-stick
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
Try this tasty recipe for Mediterranean Olive Batter Bread, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
- Spray 1-quart casserole dish or 9x1 1/2-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup of the flour and yeast in large bowl. Place water, cheese, Fleischmann’s, sugar, oregano and salt in medium saucepan. Heat over low heat just until warm (120°F) and Fleischmann’s almost melts.
- Add cheese mixture to dry mixture along with egg. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds or until combined. Beat on high speed 3 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 cup flour and olives with a wooden spoon (batter will be stiff).
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in size (about 50 to 60 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake bread 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Immediately remove bread from pan. Serve warm or cool on wire rack.