Mediterranean Olive Batter Bread
Servings: 8 servings
If you’ve never made bread before, the addition of feta and olives in this Grecian-inspired recipe might just be the combination to get you to try it from scratch.Print Recipe
- Original PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain® divided
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles 2 ounces
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann’s® Original Margarine-stick
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- Spray 1-quart casserole dish or 9x1 1/2-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup of the flour and yeast in large bowl. Place water, cheese, Fleischmann’s, sugar, oregano and salt in medium saucepan. Heat over low heat just until warm (120°F) and Fleischmann’s almost melts.
- Add cheese mixture to dry mixture along with egg. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds or until combined. Beat on high speed 3 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 cup flour and olives with a wooden spoon (batter will be stiff).
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in size (about 50 to 60 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake bread 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Immediately remove bread from pan. Serve warm or cool on wire rack.
Try this tasty recipe for Mediterranean Olive Batter Bread, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.