Lentil & Brown Rice Herbed Salad
Servings: 4 servings
This hearty side is easy to make, delicious, and packed with fiber, protein, and nutrients. Make it your own by tossing in your favorite dressing.Print Recipe
- 1 tablespoons to 2olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced or thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shallots diced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds optional
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked string beans chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup feta cheese optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan or wok, add the olive oil, garlic, shallots, and almonds. Heat to medium/high and stir for about 10 minutes, or until the onions have softened and the almonds are toasted.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or chilled. Enjoy!
Try this tasty holiday recipe for a Lentil & Brown Rice Herbed Salad.