Yields: 14 tortillas
There’s nothing like homemade tortillas to make dinner feel like a special occasion. The fact that they’re simple enough to make on the fly? Well, we can keep a secret.
- 4 cups Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain®
- 1/2 cup Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water Original 110°F to 120°F
- PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
Try this tasty recipe for Handmade Flour Tortillas, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories
- Combine flour and oil in large bowl; mix well. Dissolve salt in water; gradually stir into flour mixture until soft dough forms. Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead dough by pushing down and away with the heels of hands, turning dough a quarter turn between pushes. Repeat pushing and turning until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Divide dough into 14 equal balls; place on baking sheet in warm place. Lightly spray dough with cooking spray. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Heat large nonstick skillet or cast iron griddle over medium heat. Roll out each ball of dough into an 8-inch circle on an unfloured surface with a rolling pin. Transfer to skillet; cook 30 seconds on each side. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Fold cooked tortillas into quarters if serving immediately, or cool completely and store airtight at room temperature.
- Note: To increase the dietary fiber of the tortillas, replace the all-purpose flour with Eagle Mills® Ultragrain® White Whole Wheat Flour and increase the water by 1 tablespoon.