Grilled Lemon Chicken and Vegetable Sandwich
Chicken sandwiches are a winner on weeknights, but it's time the old standard got a new look. Perk it up by adding zesty lemon and veggies, and serve on an onion roll.Print Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium zucchini thinly sliced horizontally
- 1 portobello mushroom sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper halved
- 1/2 red onion halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 OROWEAT 100% Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
- In a shallow bowl, stir together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, chives, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken breasts and turn to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- Brush the zucchini, mushroom, bell pepper, and red onion with olive oil.
- Grill over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Cut vegetables into smaller pieces for topping the sandwiches. Grill marinated chicken breasts over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Top with grilled vegetables and serve on OROWEAT 100% Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns.
Try this tasty recipe for a Grilled Lemon Chicken and Vegetable Sandwich, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.