Grilled Eggplant and Portobello Sandwich
Servings: 2 sandwiches
This hearty veggie sandwich layers feta, roasted mushrooms and earthy eggplant for a filling, golden brown grilled sandwich.Print Recipe
- 1 large Portobello mushroom cleaned and sliced into ½-inch strips
- 6 slices Eggplant ¼-inch thick
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp Low-fat Italian-style salad dressing
- 2 oz Fat-free feta cheese crumbled
- 4 slices Roman Meal bread
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium.
- Spray mushroom and eggplant slices with nonstick cooking spray. Place on grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until tender. Drizzle with Italian dressing.
- Layer cheese and roasted vegetables evenly between slices of bread, creating 2 sandwiches.
- Return sandwiches to grill. Cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - a Grilled Eggplant and Portobello Sandwich