Servings: 5 servings
Who says pancakes are just for breakfast? Our version makes plenty of super-fluffy cakes that you can snack on all the way to dinner. If they last that long.Print Recipe
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain® or Eagle Mills® Ultragrain® White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- Original PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Pour milk into small bowl and whisk in oil and lemon juice; set aside.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in medium bowl; blend well. Form a well in center of dry ingredients; set aside.
- Add Egg Beaters to milk mixture; whisk together. Pour mixture into the center of dry ingredients. Gently whisk together just until combined; a few lumps will remain. Do not over mix.
- Spray large nonstick griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Heat griddle over medium heat until hot. Pour four 1/4 cupfuls of batter separately onto griddle.
- Cook about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until large bubbles form on top and bottom is golden brown. Turn with wide spatula; cook 1 minute more or until second side is golden brown. Keep warm. Repeat until all batter is used. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar or serve with pancake syrup, if desired.
- Note: If you prefer a thinner pancake, add 1 or 2 tablespoons additional milk. For a fruit topping, melt 2 tablespoons orange marmalade, then blend it with 2 cups sliced strawberries, blueberries or raspberries.
Try this tasty recipe for Fluffy Pancakes, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.