Your taste buds will not believe the healthiness of this dish. Creamy cauliflower is combined with parmesan cheese and topped with crunchy breadcrumbs giving you a deliciously indulgent dish that is sure to become a holiday favorite.Print Recipe
- 6 slices Aunt Millie’s Healthy Goodness Whole Grain White Bread
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower broken into florets
- 6 tbsp. butter
- ¼ c. flour
- 2 c. warmed 2% milk
- 1 c. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread slices in a food processor, and process until fine crumbs. Add parsley and thyme.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter and add the garlic. Cook just until browned and fragrant, and add the breadcrumb mixture. Stir well and set aside.
- Cook cauliflower in microwave for 3-4 minutes, just until tender. Transfer to a buttered 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet and add the flour. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the warmed milk, and continue cooking and stirring until thick and bubbly, another 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese, salt and pepper. Pour over the cauliflower.
- Top with the buttered breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until bubbly and browned on top.
The tasty Creamy Cauliflower recipe on Grains Food Foundation from Aunt Millies is cauliflower combined with breadcrumbs and cheese.