Chipotle Meatballs in Spicy Sauce with Rice
Servings: 8 people
Olé! We’re spicing up spaghetti and meatballs with a Mexican flair. Plenty of chipotle pepper keeps things interesting, while a bed of rice offers a balance to the dish.Print Recipe
- 3 large tomatoes boiled or roasted and peeled or 1 can (14. 5 oz.) tomatoes
- 1 small white onion quartered
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 lbs 2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chipotle pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs (soaked in ¼ cup milk)
- 2 eggs or ½ cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- In a blender, place tomatoes, white onion, garlic and green hot sauce; blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour tomato mixture and broth into large sauce pan and bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While sauce simmers, in a large bowl, mix ground beef, chipotle sauce, green onions, bread crumbs, eggs and cilantro.
- Shape about 2 to 3 tablespoons of beef mixture into a ball. Drop formed meatballs into simmering sauce, cover, and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve over hot rice.
Try this tasty recipe for Chipotle Meatballs in Spicy Sauce with Rice, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.