Chipotle Meatballs in Spicy Sauce with Rice
- 3 large tomatoes boiled or roasted and peeled or 1 can (14. 5 oz.) tomatoes
- 1 small white onion quartered
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 lbs 2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chipotle pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs (soaked in ¼ cup milk)
- 2 eggs or ½ cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- In a blender, place tomatoes, white onion, garlic and green hot sauce; blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour tomato mixture and broth into large sauce pan and bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While sauce simmers, in a large bowl, mix ground beef, chipotle sauce, green onions, bread crumbs, eggs and cilantro.
- Shape about 2 to 3 tablespoons of beef mixture into a ball. Drop formed meatballs into simmering sauce, cover, and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve over hot rice.
[wpurp-searchable-recipe] – – , ; – – Dinner – Main Dish – Poultry – Sylvia Melendez-Klinger – Vegetables – Daily Choice – Chipotle Meatballs in Spicy Sauce with Rice – enriched grain meal plans – enriched grain recipes – enriched grains – GFF – grain foods foundation – whole grain meal plans – whole grain recipes – whole grains[/wpurp-searchable-recipe]