Yields: 1 sandwich
We’re all for mixing it up. That’s why we have not one but two recipes for checkerboard sandwiches. Because it’s all about how you’re feeling.
- Variation one peanut butter and sliced grapes:
- 1 slice each white and whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 red or green seedless grapes sliced crosswise
Try this tasty recipe for Checkerboard Sandwiches, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.
- Spread one slice of bread with the peanut butter.
- Top with the grape slices and the second slice of bread.
- Trim crusts if desired and cut sandwich into triangles or squares.
- Before wrapping sandwich, turn over two of the quarters to form a checkerboard pattern.