South of the Border Rice
Servings: 4 people
Earthy cumin makes this side dish a dinner party favorite alongside Mexican-inspired entrees. Try topping leftovers with chili or our chipotle meatballs.Print Recipe
- 1 cup long grain rice uncooked
- 1 can fat free chicken broth 14 ½ oz.
- 1 tsp dried ground cumin
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chili seasonings undrained, 14 ½ oz.
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut into chunks
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained, 8 3/4 oz.
- Prepare rice according to package directions, using chicken broth instead of water and add cumin.
- Once water is almost absorbed, gently fold in remaining ingredients. Continue to cook until water is completely absorbed. Cover and remove from heat. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Try this tasty recipe for South of the Border Rice, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.