Mom's Chicken Noodle Soup
This new twist on a classic favorite swaps out white flour noodles for heart healthy brown rice!
- 1 roasted chicken
- 2 48 oz cans of reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1/2 head of cabbage chopped
- 1 sweet white onion chopped
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked
- 1 bunch of kale chopped
- 1 tbsp each of fresh dill and parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pull apart chicken and set aside.
- Put all ingredients in a slow cooker on high for about 6-8 hours.
- Add chicken during the last hour.
Mom's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe swaps out the noodles for brown rice on Grains Food Foundation by Kaila, Healthy Helper. A 20-something with a love for fun fitness, delicious food, and motivating others to live their best life possible, Kaila's interest in healthy eating and active living started as a child and since then has grown into a huge passion.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!