Morph leftovers and on-hand produce into this soup for a crowd. Pack it with your fridge’s bounty of veggies or protein and you’ll have a satisfying dinner in a snap.
- 5 slices leftover turkey breast or other meat about 1.5 cups
- 4 carrots chopped
- 9 stalks of celery chopped
- 10 big mushrooms chopped about 2 cups, any kind
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed or minced (to taste)
- 2 teaspoon sprigs of fresh thyme or about 1dried
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 7 cups of broth of your choice
- 8 ounces pasta shape of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat cooking oil in a stock pot over medium-high.
- Add carrots and celery and cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, turkey and mushrooms and cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and reduce to a simmer for about 12 minutes, until pasta is done.
- Stir in fresh herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Try this tasty holiday recipe for Holiday Soup.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!