Your taste buds will not believe the healthiness of this dish. Creamy cauliflower is combined with parmesan cheese and topped with crunchy breadcrumbs giving you a deliciously indulgent dish that is sure to become a holiday favorite.
- 6 slices Aunt Millie’s Healthy Goodness Whole Grain White Bread
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower broken into florets
- 6 tbsp. butter
- ¼ c. flour
- 2 c. warmed 2% milk
- 1 c. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread slices in a food processor, and process until fine crumbs. Add parsley and thyme.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter and add the garlic. Cook just until browned and fragrant, and add the breadcrumb mixture. Stir well and set aside.
- Cook cauliflower in microwave for 3-4 minutes, just until tender. Transfer to a buttered 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet and add the flour. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the warmed milk, and continue cooking and stirring until thick and bubbly, another 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese, salt and pepper. Pour over the cauliflower.
- Top with the buttered breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until bubbly and browned on top.
The tasty Creamy Cauliflower recipe on Grains Food Foundation from Aunt Millies is cauliflower combined with breadcrumbs and cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!