Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Spicy ginger, plump raisins and hearty oatmeal are so good in our favorite chewy oatmeal cookies that we have a hard time remembering they don’t count as breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain® or Eagle Mills® Ultragrain® White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened (1 cup = 2 sticks)
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until well blended after each addition. Add vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture beating on low speed after each addition. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets, 1-1/2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute; remove to wire rack. Serve warm, if desired, or cool completely.
Try this tasty recipe for Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories. Note: For reduced calories and a more cake-like texture, use only 1/2 cup or one stick of butter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!