Plate up these chewy and flavorful one-bite cheese sticks with apple slices and a selection of cured meats. The combination of sweet and savory will have guests raving.
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Flaky sea salt for the tops
- Mix all ingredients together with an electric mixer.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to just less then 1/4" thick.
- Cut dough into 1/2" by 3" strips.
- Top each stick with a generous sprinkling of flaky sea salt.
- Bake in a 400°F oven on parchment-lined cookie sheets for just 10 minutes. or until they are light golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container.
Try this tasty holiday recipe for Cheese Sticks.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!