Yields: 6 servings
For a simple dessert that only looks like it took all day, go with the tried-and-true combo of peaches and blueberries. Strapped for time? Substitute frozen fruit for fresh.
- 4 cups sliced peaches fresh or frozen
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 slices OROWEAT Whole Grain & Oat Bread torn
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Try this tasty recipe for Warm Peach and Blueberry Fruit Crisp, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
- In an 8-inch baking pan, stir together peaches, blueberries, orange juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, honey, and nutmeg.
- In a food processor, process the OROWEAT Whole Grain & Oat Bread and cinnamon for 5 to 10 seconds, until it forms soft breadcrumbs.
- Add pecans and process for 5 seconds to combine.
- Spread mixture on top of fruit. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and mixture is bubbly.