Yields: 2 sandwiches
Skip meat without skipping out on flavor. Try a veggie sandwich that’s just as satisfying thanks to hummus, pesto and plenty of veggies on a hearty whole wheat bread
- 4 slices Aunt Millie’s Early American Amber Grains Bread
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 1 1/2 tsp pesto
- thinly sliced red peppers green peppers, red onion, tomato
- spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp feta cheese
Try this tasty recipe for a Veggie Sandwich, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
- Mix hummus and pesto together.
- Spread pesto mixture on one side of two slices of bread.
- Alternately layer red pepper and green pepper on pesto mixture.
- Top with sliced onions, tomato, and spinach leaves and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Spray panini maker with nonstick spray.
- Place sandwich in panini maker and toast 2-3 minutes.