Yields: 2 servings
There’s just something about French toast: the crunchy granola garnish, cinnamon's spicy depth and the cool sweetness of berries on top. Why wait until the weekend?
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 Banana thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 slices OROWEAT Health Nut Bread
- 1/4 cup granola cereal for garnish
Try this tasty recipe for Grilled Cinnamon French Toast with Granola Crunch, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
- For the sauce, stir together orange juice, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, strawberries, and banana in a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until flavors have combined, stirring occasionally. In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and cinnamon. Dip slices of OROWEAT Health Nut Bread into the milk mixture and cook on a flat griddle (or grill) over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Serve French toast with strawberry-banana sauce and top with a sprinkle of granola for garnish.