Yields: 4 servings
Sweet grapes and honey? Check. Cool cucumber and yogurt? Got it. Add cooked chicken breast and you’ve got an unexpected (and delicious) chicken salad reboot. Dig in!
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast half diced
- 1 celery rib diced
- 1/2 cup red grapes halved
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 cup cucumbers thinly sliced
- 8 slices Mrs Baird's bread
Try this tasty recipe for Chicken On-the-Go Sandwiches, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the diced chicken, celery, grapes, yogurt, Dijon mustard, honey, and dill weed.
- Spread 1/4 of the chicken mixture onto a slice of Mrs Baird's bread. Place 1/4 cup cucumber slices on chicken mixture and cover with another slice of Mrs Baird's bread. Cut into quarters. Repeat with remaining filling and bread. Chicken mixture will keep in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Note: Mix and match the slices of bread---it's okay to use two different slices of bread on the sandwich for great variety! Feel free to add vitamin rich vegetables such as fresh spinach, shredded carrots, shredded red cabbage, red and/or green grapes to the chicken mixture.