Yields: 24 slices
There’s a simple beauty to our cranberry-carrot bread that only you bring to life. Whether alongside a great book or a dear friend, you can’t go wrong with this loaf
- Original PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain® or Eagle Mills® Ultragrain® White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/2 cup Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 medium carrots shredded (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
Try this tasty recipe for Carrot-Cranberry Bread, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9x5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Mix together sugar and Egg Beaters in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes. Gradually add oil and vanilla; mix 1 minute more. Add applesauce; mix well. Stir in flour mixture with a spoon; mix until evenly moistened. Add carrots and cranberries; mix well.
- Divide batter between two prepared pans. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center of loaves comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes, then remove loaves from pans and cool completely. Using serrated knife, cut each loaf into 12 slices to serve.